The Gypsies

The Gypsies

Sunday, September 9, 2012

Sunday has a Vintage Breeze

 This Gypsy is soooo looking forward to a new season~ Autumn*
 I was given this beautiful french cloche as a gift~ it now holds 1 ghost pumpkin. I plan on adding as many miniature ghost pumpkins as I can~   can't wait to go to the Leesburg farmers market.
 Large white pumpkins are fun for decorating not only your front porch, but for any room in your cottage or home.  My personal favorite is using the pumpkins for my favorite flower- Sunflowers*
But I know a Chef who uses them for pumpkin soup bowls!  yum yum  
 Two Italian favorites:  An Italian vase my father gave to me was beginning to chip- and loose its brown tone.  (not that I liked the brown tone to begin with) so I simply white washed it ~ now it sits in my bedroom.  Still holds its Tuscan beauty..... but with vintage gypsy charm. *
Another Italian classic:   A Tuscan oil painting.    Sadly, my "before" photo of the gaudy gold frame did not come out- after I white washed it!  ugh!  rule of thumb....always check media card!    My parents loved their gold tones....velvet fabrics.....and large chunky furniture.  I love it now too..... only white!  Can't wait to roll my sleeves up and grab my white paint & brushes.....  more to come!        "tutto e'bello in bianco"


With love & joy in everything vintage,
Simple Dimple*

No comments:

Post a Comment