The Gypsies

The Gypsies

Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Always remember your~ Librarian

I was seeking out the perfect piece to add to my collection- another make over- another giant- something for me to begin stripping sanding and painting.  That perfect piece to add to my dining area.  Sadly, of all the places that was searched, I still came up empty handed.  which is rare for me!     One day a very sweet Librarian came to call.... she says to a certain Gypsy.... " I have something you may want"......  the gypsy says to the librarian......" please don't tease"....  the gypsy gets her goods....... and the transition began.    
This wonderful piece of furniture was sanded lightly and all the character flaws were kept for added beauty.   After sanding, and applying a light coat of white wash- another light layer of white paint was added.   After another light sanding- new ceramic initial  knobs were added to the two top drawers- as the other four knobs were brushed over with white paint- lightly sanded for a loved worn look.
I now use this beautiful piece as a sideboard.  It holds all my precious linens, antique tea cups & espresso cups for safe keeping!    I knew I wouldn't be able to part with it..... no way...it's not for sale!

PS....I stay very close to the librarian......yes, my friends....very close.




With love & joy of everything vintage,
Simple Dimple


No comments:

Post a Comment